Laborer – Water Sewer Department
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ability to follow instructions, safety practices and standard operating procedures in performing assigned tasks.
- Ability to be punctual and attend work regularly
- Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to follow both written and oral instructions.
- Ability to learn new skills and techniques.
- Must possess and exhibit the skills necessary to operate assigned tools and equipment in a safe and proper method.
- Must be able to achieve a Class D Water and a Class D Waste Water license within 12 months of employment.
• Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
• Must possess a valid State of Texas Drivers License Class “C” or above and good driving record as defined by City policy.
• Must be available to work overtime, on-call, nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
City of West Tawakoni is seeking a Reserve Police Officer
Applications are available at City Hall during regular business hours
applicants should be highly motivated, certified officers who will serve the community and represent our department with honor and integrity.
Applicants should be able to communicate well with citizens of a small rural community as well as work with officers from neighboring agencies when their assistance is needed.
- Drive Patrol Vehicle and provide enforcement, protection and crime prevention services under the laws of the City of West Tawakoni, State of Texas and the United States.
- Enforce city ordinances, State and Federal laws and written and unwritten directives.
- Produce crime, accident and other reports as required or instructed.
- Conduct accurate, thorough and complete investigations as required or instructed.
- Preserve crime scenes and process information as requried or instructed.
- Follow-up on prior calls for service as required or instructed.
- Assist other local, State and Federal law enforcement agencies, fire department and other agencies as required or instructed.
- Apprehend, arrest, book and process criminal suspects and transport prisoners to other locations as required or instructed.
- Attend and testify in scheduled and required court sessions.
- Participate in community policing efforts through business and citizen contacts, non-enforcement public contacts, crime prevention checks, community relations, safety presentations and neighborhood crime watch programs.
- Demonstrate competent and continuing weapons proficience.
- Demonstrate professional use of radio communications as necessary.
- Demonstrate ability to competently use basic functions of a computer.
- Routinely inspect, maintain and ensure equipment upkeep.
- Maintain regular work attendance, arrive on time and work scheduled shift, which may include overtime hours being worked on an as-needed basis. Position requires officers to work shift work, weekends, nights and holidays.
- Demonstrate ability to follow directions when instructed.
- Maintain continuing professional education through scheduled training classes and legal updates.
- Complete assignments in a professionally and timely manner.
- Perform other related duties as required, requested or instructed.
Education, Training, Experience:
The necessary qualificaitons include: Basic TCOLE Peace Officer Certificate, Valid Texas Driver’s License with good driving record and a High School Diploma or GED. Experience as a certified peace officer is preferred, but not required.
All candidates must pass a thorough background investigation, psychological test, oral interview and drug screening.
* The City of West Tawakoni is an Equal Opportunity Employer*