Public Works / City Utilities
1533 E. Hwy. 276, West Tawakoni, Tx. 75074-7007
(903) 447-2285 Office
The monthly bill for water/sewer/garbage is read between the 10th and 16th of each month and the bill is due by the 15th of the following month. If bill is not paid by the 15th a 10% (percent) late charge will be added. When the 15th falls on a Holiday, or a weekend day, the customer will have until the next working day to pay the bill without a late fee. All customers are subject to disconnection if the account is not paid by the close of business on the 25th of each month. If the 25th falls on a Friday, customers will have until Monday to pay the account. If the customer fails to pay and the account is disconnected, a reconnect fee of $50 will be added to the account. The water bill will have to be paid in full before service is restored.
Garbage pick- up is on Wednesday and starts around 7:00 am. All garbage must be placed in polycart containers supplied by the contractor. Nothing outside of the Polycart(s) will be collected. One bulk item will be picked up on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at no additional charge. A roll off is available at 1401 Rabbit Cove Road. Call City Hall to verify it is available for dumping.
For dumpsters contact City Hall. Hours of Operations:
Monday to Friday: 1:00PM to 3:00 PM
Tuesday and Thursday: 9:00AM to noon
After hours telephone number for emergencies: (903) 268-8918
1. Use of the Polycart(s) for curbside collection is mandatory beginning on the date of February 3, 2016.
2. Each resident will be given one (1) 95-gallon Polycart(s).
3. Only 95-gallon Polycart(s) may be placed at the curb.
4. Secondary units and supplemental units thereafter will carry and additional charge of $5.00 per unit/ per month.
5. The Polycart(s) will remain the property of the contractor which means that damaged or stolen Polycart(s) will be replaced at no charge to the resident.
6. All garbage waste generated by a resident must be placed inside the 95-gallon Polycart(s) and nothing outside of the Polycart(s) will be collected. Please Note: One bulk item will be picked up on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at no additional charge.
7. All 95-gallon Polycart(s) shall be placed at a single collection point within three (3) feet of the street curb.
8. Polycart(s) can be placed at the curb as early as 7:00AM the day before the scheduled collection, but no later than 7:00PM the day after collection.
9. It is the responsibility of the resident to bring his/ or her Polycart(s) back up into the yard within twenty-four (24) hours of being emptied.
10. Bulky items such as stoves, refrigerators (with all CFC removed/ requires written documentation), water tanks, washing machines, furniture, and any other similar items must be held until the City schedules a City-wide Cleanup event or items may be taken to cleanup site in designated area at 1401 Rabbit Cove Road (Please call city hall prior to use).
11. It is the responsibility of the occupant of the property to keep the area around the garbage receptacles clean and in a sanitary condition.
12. Resident owners of the 95-gallon Polycart(s) who fail to comply with the City representative direction of this ordinance may be subject to a personal visit if the situation calls for it.
Hunt County Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility
3108 Sockwell Blvd., Greenville, Texas
Hours of Operation:
1st & 3rd Tuesday – 4pm to 7pm
4th Saturday – 8am to 12 Noon
Items Accepted (subject to change)
- Aerosol cans
- Ammunition – spent artridges only
- Cooking oil
- Drain cleaners
- Fluorescent bulbs (inc. CFL)
- Herbicides and Pesticides (household only)
- Household cleaners
- Motor oil & filters
- Paints, thinners, solvents, & stains
- Pool chemicals (household only)
- Thermometers & thermostats
- Tires, Limit 6 (removed from wheels, auto, pickup truck or smaller)
A driver’s license must be presented at time of drop-off.
Quantity accepted is limited to 5 gallons, per product, per visit.
For more information, call 903-457-2958