City of West Tawakoni
West Tawakoni Police Officer / Reserve
Applicants should be highly motivated, certified officers who will serve the community and represent our department with honorand integrity. Applicants should be able to communicate well with citizens of a small rural community as well as work with officers from neighboring agencies when their assistance is needed.
Job Title: Police Officer / Reserve
Job Type: Full Time
Job Classification: Police Officer/Reserve
Job Description: applicants should be highly motivated, certified officers who will serve the community and represent our department with honor and integrity. Applicants should be able to communicate well with citizens of a small rural community as well as work with officers from neighboring agencies when their assistance is needed.
- Drive Patrol Vehicle and provide enforcement, protection and crime prevention services under the laws of the City of West Tawakoni, State of Texas and the United States.
- Enforce city ordinances, State and Federal laws and written and unwritten directives.
- Produce crime, accident and other reports as required or instructed.
- Conduct accurate, thorough and complete investigations as required or instructed.
- Preserve crime scenes and process information as requried or instructed.
- Follow-up on prior calls for service as required or instructed.
- Assist other local, State and Federal law enforcement agencies, fire department and other agencies as required or instructed.
- Apprehend, arrest, book and process criminal suspects and transport prisoners to other locations as required or instructed.
- Attend and testify in scheduled and required court sessions.
- Participate in community policing efforts through business and citizen contacts, non-enforcement public contacts, crime prevention checks, community relations, safety presentations and neighborhood crime watch programs.
- Demonstrate competent and continuing weapons proficience.
- Demonstrate professional use of radio communications as necessary.
- Demonstrate ability to competently use basic functions of a computer.
- Routinely inspect, maintain and ensure equipment upkeep.
- Maintain regular work attendance, arrive on time and work scheduled shift, which may include overtime hours being worked on an as-needed basis. Position requires officers to work shift work, weekends, nights and holidays.
- Demonstrate ability to follow directions when instructed.
- Maintain continuing professional education through scheduled training classes and legal updates.
- Complete assignments in a professionally and timely manner.
- Perform other related duties as required, requested or instructed.
Education, Training, Experience: The necessary qualificaitons include: Basic TCOLE Peace Officer Certificate, Valid Texas Driver’s License with good driving record and a High School Diploma or GED. Experience as a certified peace officer is preferred, but not required. All candidates must pass a thorough background investigation, psychological test, oral interview and drug screening.
*The City of West Tawakoni is an Equal Opportunity Employer*